The Sashiko Starter Kit by Sew Easy consists of all the necessary material and instructions to create an embroidered cushion from start to finish.
You will learn how to design a cushion from a piece of fabric and make a Sashiko embroidery.
Sashiko translates as ‘little stabs. It is a running stitch embroidery technique, traditionally used in Japan. This kit contains materials for creating a 40 x 40cm standard cushion cover. Contents: 142cm x 0.5m, cotton, dark blue fabric; 4 x 4in assorted templates; 40m skein white, cotton embroidery thread; 1 fabric pencil; 1 pack embroidery needles. Dry clean or wash by hand or gentle machine wash, drip dry, cool iron.
- Brand: Sew Easy
- Quantity: 1 Kit
- Size: Finished Size of Cushion 40cm x 40cm
- 100% Cotton Fabric Dark Navy
- 40m Japanese Cotton Thread White Ivory
- 4 Assorted Templates
- Water Soluble Fabric Pencil with 6 Colours
- 1 Pack Embroidery/Crewel Sewing Needles Mixed Sizes.
- Washing Instructions: Hand & Machine Washable and Dry Cleanable
You'll get one-of-a-kind accessories for your home!
Sashiko embroidery is very popular and originates from Japan. Traditionally used to repair clothing during 1600s to 1800s and making them stronger and warmer. This thread is ideal to use with Sew Easy Sashiko Cotton Fabric and Templates.